Sunday, 8 July 2012

Saturday, going home.

Chrissy and I had a good nights sleep, well sort of. I had a pineapple juice in the bar before I went to bed. Forgot about the reflux problem as the TOF has been brilliant for such a long time, wrong thing to do. We said good night to Pat and her friend, Well goodbye because we may not see them in the morning. It has been great to spend time with my very special friend. Not long after we went to bed and off to sleep, I was woken up by coughing and an acidy taste, the reflux started, I woke Chrissy as I knew she had Gaviscon, I knew she would tell me that I should have woken her, I took the Gaviscon, not before trying to relieve myself of the acid, this burned my larynx so no voice.
We went back to sleep and woke up around 8:30am.
We were going to have breakfast in our room, when the toast arrived I think the toaster had been shown the bread, it was barely toasted, raw brown bread. we had a coffee, Chrissy had tea, got dressed and then took our bags to the car. The weather is awful, raining quite hard so a slow drive home would be on the cards.
We got to Dorset were the traffic came to a standstill, We weren't sure at the time why, we were stuck in it for around 1/2 hour and decided to get something to eat. We had a fish finger sandwich and a cuppa. Then it was back to the traffic. It was so slow, we had around 4 - 5 fire engines pass by us with sirens going. When we got to Bridport, we realised why the traffic had stopped, We passed through one large puddle and thought that was it, no, there was more. We slowly advanced forward for over an hour and there it was, there was a massive flood across the road. A car had been abandoned in the middle of the road. I was amused by a lady taking her spaniel for a walk, welly boots on wading through the water with the little dog happily walking beside her.
We got through the flooded area and were now out of the hold up. All in all it took us 7 1/2 hours to get home, we set off at 10am and got home at about 5:45pm, Chrissy was brilliant, we couldn't do much than laugh about it.

This is the first flood, well, more like a big puddle.

This is the bigger one in Bridport, Dorset, looking on youtube, it looks like it gets flooded a lot.

By the time we got home, we were shattered, Chrissy dropped me off and went onto her place. I got my pyjama's on and settled into bed and relaxed. Hopefully the voice will be back soon, such a lovely weekend, even the rain didn't spoil it.

No comments: